Selected Community Involvement
- Moderator - National Roundtable on Disability & Human Rights
- National Ambassador - Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Co-founder - CRIPSiE (Collaborative Radically Integrated Performers ...)
- Co-founder & Co-chair - KingCrip Productions
- Working Group Member - Beyond Access National Disability Arts Project
- Coach - Inferno, Alberta Northern Lights & Team Canada (guest)
- Co-founder - Sustainable, Political, Accessible Communities of Edmonton
- Women's Commissioner - Wheelchair Basketball Canada (2005-2007)
- Spokesperson - Canada Francophone Games (2008)
- Co-founder & Founding Chair - Inferno Wheelchair Basketball (2002-2005)
- Committee Member - CAAWS, homophobia in sport task force
- Danielle uses personal story-telling & narrative movement to translate and share academic, activist & artistic knowledges in ways that are accessible, entertaining, and engaging.
- Talks are delivered in English, French, or both.
- topics include: re-imagining (dis)ability; social change; everyday activism and advocacy; magnificent failure; community building; and transformative vs adaptive change.
Non-academic speaking fees:
- $2,500 for Edmonton area events of 90- minutes or less.
- $5,000 plus expenses for events outside greater Edmonton area.
- $1000 for two select non-profit organizations or schools per year.
- Click here to book Danielle
Selected talks & workshops:
- Gala Keynote - International Neuromuscular Biology Conference, Ottawa.
- Workshop Leader - Various Federal and Provincial Government Departments.
- Invited Speaker - North Central Teacher’s Convention, Edmonton.
- Workshop - Youth In Action National Muscular Dystrophy Canada Conference, Calgary.
- Keynote - Institute for Innovation in Second Language Provincial Education Conference, Edmonton.
- Keynote - The Alberta Registrar’s Conference, Edmonton.
- Invited Speaker - The World Conference of Women’s Shelters, Edmonton.
- Invited Speaker - The Calgary City Teacher’s Convention, Calgary.
- Keynote - Alberta Francophone Teacher’s Conference, Edmonton.
- Keynote - Alberta Health and Physical Educators Conference, Edmonton.
- Invited Speaker - United Nations “Sport in a Box” Gala, Edmonton.
- Workshop - National Fire Fighter's Conference, Toronto.
“Danielle was a brilliant, insightful and engaging speaker. Her presentation went beyond the superficial and predictable to allow her audience to explore with her a deeper and more valuable view of how one person’s journey can pull us along in a formidable, passionate and illuminating wake.”
–Kathryn White, Executive Director, United Nations Association Canada
"The student reaction to Danielle's presentation is always extremely positive, with comments ranging from "she sent chills up my spine" to "I've never paid so much attention to guest speaker in my life." Students find her to be personable, passionate, informative, funny and genuine. It is such a memorable experience for students, I overhear them talking about it in the hallways for months afterward.”
-Dr. Nancy Spencer-Cavaliere, Instructor, University of Alberta
"Danielle’s real-life experience is fascinating and entertaining. She is genuine, and has a true gift in the way she communicates with others. Response to Danielle’s presentations is overwhelming. Remarks include “amazing”, “awe-inspiring”, and “life-changing”. Not only has Danielle found her own success, with her boundless energy and passion for life and all it has to offer, she inspires others to do the same. She challenges her audience to rethink the conventional ways that they view and deal with life’s difficulties.”
-Jo-ann Burton, District Coordinator, Muscular Dystrophy Canada